COVID-19 and your Pet’s Care
Greenwood Lake Animal Hospital is resuming non-urgent/elective veterinary services while implementing strategies that conserve PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and support social distancing as appropriate and practical.
The health and well-being of our clients, patients and staff is of utmost importance. Veterinary services are limited to Curbside Concierge Care. This allows us to perform physical examinations while maintaining social safety. Here is how it works:
- Call to schedule appointments, ask medical questions, and pre-order medication.
- We are seeing Medical Emergencies during office hours.
- We are welcoming new clients and patients to our practice.
- Please transfer your pet’s records in advance to ensure that our doctors have sufficient time to read through their medical history.
- Scheduled appointments will pull into our parking lot and call (973) 728-2233 to notify us of your arrival.
- Clients should have already completed their check-in paperwork prior to the consult. Links to the forms are below.
- Please advise us if you or a co-habitant is feeling ill or are required to self-quarantine.
- When the appointment time is ready, a masked/gloved staff member will greet you at your vehicle.
- The technician will then escort your pet to the exam as you wait in your vehicle. Clients are not permitted to enter the building at this time. Exceptions are made for euthanasia appointments. We are allowing one family member to escort the pet into the building.
- The veterinarian will call you to discuss his/her findings/recommendations during the exam.
- Once the patient visit is complete, discharge instructions, prescriptions, and payment will be managed by phone and/or at the vehicle as pets are returned to their owners.
- Remember to request your flea, tick, and heartworm preventatives. Flea, tick, and heartworm preventatives purchased through GWLAH carry the manufacturer’s warranty.
Prescription Medication and Prescription Diet:
Please call ahead to allow us time to ready your order. You will be asked to prepay, and it will be prepared for you for curbside pick-up. We will continue to offer some prescriptions to be mailed at no charge for purchases over $25.00.
Social distancing is our top priority, and we appreciate your cooperation with these changes to keep our staff, clients, and pets safe! Curbside Concierge Care takes a bit more time to be thorough and accurate. We know you have a choice, thank you for choosing Greenwood Lake Animal Hospital for pet’s vet care.
- In-house product specials
- Hospital Admission Form
- Client Registration Form
- Health Questionnaire
- Authorization for Care Form
For Prescription Diets:
Sign up for our Hills to Home Program.
2020 Pet Photo Contest
Help us keep in touch.
Like Us on Facebook
to receive pet care
tips and information